We’ll Leave it There So: Ulster pair quizzed by police, Dick Clerkin retires and today’s sport
April 5, 2022 | News | No Comments
A view from Munster’s training session in UL, Limerick today.
Source: Donall Farmer/INPHO
- Ulster pair Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding were quizzed by the PSNI over alleged sexual offences
- Pat Lam says Bundee Aki is missing Rob Henshaw as a friend but not a partner, says Lam
- Monaghan’s long-serving midfielder Dick Clerkin has announced his retirement from inter-county football
- Meath prodigy Conor Nash has spoken about his decision to chose Hawthorn over Leinster rugby and Meath football
- It’s 132 years to the day since the GAA was founded
- James Ryan and Paudie O’Brien were dropped from Limerick’s 2017 hurling squad
- The Cleveland Indians could be forced to ditch mascot and logo even if they win the World Series
- Bordeaux Begles star Ian Madigan is facing spell on the sidelines with a groin injury
- Frank De Boer has been sacked by Inter after just 11 Serie A matches
- German striker Miroslav Klose has announced that he’s hanging up his boots at the age of 38.
- Jose Mourinho has been hit with his second FA charge in a week after the Burnley tunnel incident
The Best Thing We Shared
Last Sunday was a particularly special one for Clare and Ballyea hurler Paul Flanagan.
On The Record
I think there’s been a bit said about it already and Ulster have come out and made a statement this morning. We’ll reference you to that and we’ll get on with our own business. We’ve got a big week ahead of us here in Chicago. Little preparation, our focus has to be on the game and we’ll make no further comment.”
In Chicago, Ireland assistant coach Andy Farrell speaking to the media about the news that Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding were arrested and questioned by the PSNI over alleged sexual offences.
Where we were today
Source: Tommy Dickson/INPHO
Kevin O’Brien was in Parnell Park for the Dublin Senior Football Championship final media event with Diarmuid Connolly and Shane Boland.
Murray Kinsella was in attendance at the Ireland rugby press conference at the Trump Tower in Chicago with Jamie Heaslip and Josh van der Flier.
The Fixture List
- There’s another full round of Champions League games tomorrow night. Eight games in total are taking place, including Tottenham v Bayer Leverkusen and København v Leicester City.
- The MLB World Series heads to Cleveland for Game 6 in the early hours of tomorrow morning as the Indians lead the Cubs by 3-2.
- The NBA is back in full-swing with nine games taking place tomorrow night. The 2015 World Champion Golden State Warriors travel to face the Portland Trailblazers.
Get closer to the stories that matter with exclusive analysis, insight and debate in The42 Membership.
Become a Member
Source: Dan Sheridan/INPHO
Craig Gilroy, Rob Kearney and Devin Toner take a stroll in downtown Chicago as the Irish rugby squad prepare to face New Zealand at Soldier Field.
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!