April 5, 2022 | News | No Comments
THE SEMI-FINAL line-up for the Ulster senior football championship has been revealed this afternoon with Killyclogher, Slaughtneil, Maghery and Kilcoo all safely advancing to the last four.
Mark Bradley’s sweet strike was the highlight as Tyrone champions Killyclogher made light work of Cargin at Healy Park. The hosts eventually ran out 2-10 to 1-8 winners with a late Cargin goal adding gloss to the scoreboard.
They’ll be joined in the semi-finals by Maghery as they survived a brave effort from Ramor United at the Athletics Grounds with a late flurry of points.
The Cavan champions led at the break but five unanswered points from the home side settled the contest on a 1-13 to 1-10 scoreline.
2014 Ulster champions Slaughtneil secured a five-point victory over Derrygonnelly Harps at Celtic Park. The Derry side advanced as 0-12 to 0-7 winners while Kilcoo booked their place in the semi-finals with a hard-fought win over Glenswilly.
Ramor’s Conor Bradley with Conor Mackle of Maghery.
Source: Presseye/Philip Magowan/INPHO
Meanwhile, in the Leinster senior club football championship first round, there were victories for Sean O’Mahony’s, Rhode and Mullinalaghta.
Finally, St Loman’s were crowned the Westmeath football champions for the second successive year after a six-point win over Tyrrellspass at TEG Cusack Park.
Ulster SFC quarter-finals
- Killyclogher (Tyrone) 2-10 v Cargin (Antrim) 1-8, Healy Park, Omagh
- Slaughtneil (Derry) 0-12 v Derrygonnelly (Fermanagh) 0-7, Celtic Park
- Maghery (Armagh) 1-13 v Ramor United (Cavan) 1-10, Athletic Grounds
- Kilcoo (Down) 1-12 v Glenswilly (Donegal) 1-6, Páirc Esler, Newry
Leinster SFC club first round
- Baltinglass (Wicklow) 0-9 Sean O’Mahony’s 0-10 (Louth), Aughrim
- Gusserane O’Rahilly’s (Wexford) 0-4 Rhode (Offaly) 5-22, New Ross
- Mullinalaghta St Columba’s (Longford) 1-17 Stradbally (Laois) 2-09, Glennon Brothers Pearse Park
Westmeath SFC final
- St Loman’s 1-13 Tyrrellspass 0-10, TEG Cusack Park, Mullingar
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!