We’ll Leave It There So: Dundalk duo make the cut, Heaslip nominated and the rest of today’s sport
April 5, 2022 | News | No Comments
Source: Donall Farmer/INPHO
- Dundalk duo Daryl Horgan and Andy Boyle make the final Ireland squad as Martin O’Neill cuts it down to 28
- Jamie Heaslip is on a six-man shortlist to be named World Rugby Player of the Year
- ACL damage has ruled Jordi Murphy out for up to 9 months as 6 players link up with the Ireland squad
- Wexford Youths are seeking compensation from Galway United’s over their ‘unprofessional’ pursuit of Shane Keegan
Ger Cunningham is placing a heavy emphasis on youth by leaving out some big name Dublin players out of his hurling squad for 2017
Cork kingpins Glen Rovers are through to a first AIB Munster senior club hurling final in 40 years
- Tommy Conroy and St Vincent’sused the pain of their 2015 county final defeat to spur them on this year
- Ireland are back in the top five of the world rugby ranking after their thrilling victory against the All Blacks in Chicago on Saturday
- Geoffrey Claffey and Niall Carty, both former Roscommon captains, have retired from inter-county football
- Johnny Sexton has been given the all-clear for Ireland while Ulster’s Paddy Jackson rejoins the squad after missing the trip to Chicago
Source: Getty Images/INPHO
- The Raiders have laid down a Super Bowl marker as the Cowboys keep rolling
- Robbie Keane vows to continue MLS career even if he has to leave Galaxy
- Manny Pacquiao is eyeing a Floyd Mayweather rematch after dominant Vegas display
- Ashley Cole apologises for penalty miss amid Steven Gerrard retirement rumours
- UFC star Jon Jones is suspended for one year following failed drugs test
The Best Thing We Shared
Martin O’Neill named squad 28-man squad for the Fifa World Cup Qualifier against Austria.
BREAKING: Martin O'Neill has named a squad of 28 for the upcoming FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Austria. #COYBIG pic.twitter.com/Avchaf5QNo
— FAIreland ⚽️🇮🇪 (@FAIreland) November 7, 2016
On The Record
Conor McGregor’s upcoming opponent Eddie Alvarez thinks he’s getting inside the Dubliner’s head.
This guy is so offensive-minded and never on the defensive that whenever you put him on the defence he gets so flustered and so upset. At a certain point in our conference call, he started to get desperate. He started talking about my wife and kids and things like that. For me, it’s a sign of desperation.You don’t talk about another man’s family unless you’re through the roof pissed off.”
Get closer to the stories that matter with exclusive analysis, insight and debate in The42 Membership.
Become a Member
Two-time All-Star hurler Richie Power was thrilled after he helped his club secure a return to senior ranks in Kilkenny yesterday.
Better than any all Ireland #family #oneclub #friends #son #goingbackup pic.twitter.com/z6IARj8TAF
— Richie Power (@power_richie) November 6, 2016
Source: Richie Power/Twitter
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!