June 23, 2022 | News | No Comments
CZECH REPUBLIC DEFENDER Frantisek Rajtoral, who played for Turkish side Gaziantepspor, has been found dead in his home.
The club’s president Ibrahim Kizil said the 31-year-old’s body was found in his home in the southeastern province of Gaziantep by police after he failed to attend training.
Kizil also confirmed that he had taken his own life.
He added that the club had not been aware of any family problems and described Rajtoral as a “very good footballer”.
Rajtoral earned 14 caps for his country between 2012 and 2014 and was on the Czech squad at Euro 2012.
He signed for the Turkish club from Czech side Viktoria Plzen in August last year.
European football’s governing body UEFA on Sunday paid tribute on Twitter.
Turkish Sports Minister Akif Cagatay Kilic offered “condolences to Frantisek Rajtoral’s family, Gaziantepspor and the football community”.
– © AFP 2017
If you need to talk, contact:
- Samaritans 116 123 or email email@example.com
- Aware 1800 80 48 48 (depression, anxiety)
- Pieta House 1800 247 247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – (suicide, self-harm)
- Teen-Line Ireland 1800 833 634 (for ages 13 to 19)
- Childline 1800 66 66 66 (for under 18s)
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!
Click Here: mayo gaa jerseys